I guess today I’ve just gotten on to a kick of learning new programming tools and environments.
I just did Apple’s Developing Java Applications on Mac OS X with Eclipse Tutorial.
This tutorial was pretty interesting to me because it revealed some more of the power of Eclipse. Here’s an outline of what is covered in the tutorial:
- Creating a simple Java project in Eclipse from scratch
- Creating a class in Eclipse
- Using the Code assist feature
- Using the refactoring features to move a class to a different package
- Creating a Java Swing project in Eclipse by importing from an Xcode project
- Importing a project from Xcode into Eclipse
- Customizing Java compiler warnings
- Customizing Java code formatting
- Using the refactoring features extract a method from some lines of code
- Using the folding features
- Creating a Java SWT project
- How to setup a SWT project and run it